Friday, January 22, 2010

Who's the best mommy ever?!


What a fun day! We started it off by going to the grand opening of our new Kroger and literally ate our way through the store. There were all kinds of goodies from cheeses, more fruits than you can count, nuggets, lunch meat, chocolate milk (yes, you guessed it, my kids passed on this one) salad, sushi,pasta salads, sauted mushrooms in a fresh tortilla, salsa, ice cream I know there was more, but I will not bore you (or make you any more jealous) Though the store was insanely crowded, and it was hard to maneuver while trying to feed yourself as well as a child, it was a fun experience. Thankfully my mom came to check out the new store too so we tag teamed it , she took 1 kid, I took the other. Germ-a-phoebes would have been completely freaked out, I typically am not a big fan of the food samples left out in the store, though don't mind it if it is a manned station that they are cooking or preparing right there. BUT I figured, it is a brand new store, the food was being snarfed up so fast they were replenishing it frequently so we should be safe
Click to view image details

Later that evening Kirk went over to a friend's house so the kids and I decided we should have a fun night too. We headed to sonic, where Sam got his beloved "cearn dog" and cherry slushy, then we headed back home for... what else but a PICNIC in the house. Yes, a very very rare occurrence took place, we spread out the blanket on the family room floor, ate our food and watched Shrek (Sam's choice believe it or not... I did not complain, it is a million times better than Strawberry Shortcake Christmas!!) WOW, how cool am I?! Maybe this will win me some brownie points and I can redeem them for an extra hour of sleep, aahhhh, wouldn't that be nice?!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice mommy you are! Bet it didn't get you an hour of extra sleep though.