Sunday, January 24, 2010

how to make the perfect meatball


We love Italian food. I make homemade spaghetti sauce. Kirk loves meatballs, I do not. There are never meatballs on our spaghetti. When I asked if I could do the cake decorating class with my friends Kirk of course said yes, but also asked if I could take a "meatball making" class as well. Poor guy, he has been waiting almost 7 years of marriage for these little things. I decided to go to my mom favorite secret source for her recipe and grant him his wish. I do not know what was preventing me from making them before... they really are not that difficult--- allow me to take you step by step through the process

~take son to speech class and return home
~gather some ingredients
~give daughter of animal crackers
~gather a few more ingredients
~turn Elmo on the tv
~look at recipe
~notice daughter stolen bread bag from pantry
~take bread and bag away, redirect child to Elmo
~attempt to put ingredients into bowl and mix with hands
~notice silence in family room and take a look
~see daughter with bread pieces (that she has hidden just prior to me taking bag away)--and newspaper ads all over floor~wash hands
~snap picture (of course) and remove bread~notice bread crumbs EVERYWHERE (couch/floor/entry way)---can she look any more innocent with the evidence in her hand?
~start rolling into balls
~notice child has taken every single toy out of the toy boxes in family room
~continue rolling
~notice child has removed all the diapers from the basket and strewn them around the family room
~continue rolling
~notice daughter has now emptied out every single item from her cabinet in the kitchen (with tupperware etc) and scattered them about the kitchen, entry and family rooms
~turn off timer (set to remind me to pick up son from speech class)
~finish the last couple of balls
~wash hands, take picture and place balls into fridge~gather keys, phone, daughter
~cringe at the messes that both child and I have made
~hope that dishwasher that is STILL running doesn't flood house while I am gone ( I never leave washer/dryer/dishwasher running while gone)
~open washing machine lid to remind myself that there are freshly washed, wet clothes in there that need to go into dryer
~Realize daughter has escaped and run up the stairs
~run to get her
~sit in carpool line and realize how completely blessed I am


notice there are not THAT many meatballs... meaning, it did not take that long for the tornado to occur at the house.

and you thought this was going to have a recipe attached to it didn't you?!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Written so cute! I hope the meatballs were as good as you describing your day.
Bless your heart!