Thursday, January 21, 2010

First cake

Sam was sooo ready for cake he was dreaming about it. From the moment I started baking the cake he kept asking about it. He was so confused as to why I was baking one and wanted to know whose birthday it was. (it is obvious we don't have cake in our house unless there is a birthday) I had promised him that once the cake was done (after my class) that he could have a big piece. Unfortunately we ran out of time at our class and were unable to finish decorating them there, so we needed to finish at home. I did not expect Sam to still be up when I got home from class that night, but he was and was all set and ready for his cake. I felt so bad telling him that I still had more decorating to do and he could not have it until the next day. Poor guy, woke up the next morning waiting for that sweet bit of cake goodness, but, um, I had not finished the cake yet, so he had to wait til later in the day (sorry kiddo)
Here is Meghan at class with the start of her cake. . mine...
And here it is what you've all been waiting for... the fruit of my labor. I just keep reminding myself, just wait to see the improvements (can't help but to improve on this one!)
But, I guess the proof is in the pudding and I got 2 thumbs up by 2 very tough critics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed...it looks REALLY good!!
Great job!

Lorepita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.