Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The class

So, I had thought about making one of my New years goals about doing something fun and out of the box, but since I wasn't sure that would work, and the fact that I already had a ton of other goals I thought I'd better not add it. Well, I think maybe I should have added it, because if I had I could have something to scratch off my list as DONE. Oh well, (note to self, put things on goal list that you KNOW will happen so that it looks like you DID actually achieve something!)
Sorry about all the rambling, I just got back from my girls night out (Bunco) and managed to drink several Dr. peppers so I think I am going a little zippy. Back to topic...
My friend Melissa called me up and said, hey, Kelly, do you want to take a cake decorating class with Meghan and I? It starts tomorrow and we need to sign up in the next few hours. Ok, as most of you know, I am not the most spontaneous person in the world, but I have always wanted to take one of these classes, and it is always more fun to do with friends right?! So, I called Kirk (since he would need to come home early those nights to watch the kids) and signed right up! I am so glad I did. It has been fun. I am learning a lot of neat "cake secrets" though I am not sure that I have the ability to repeat them ha.
Here is the class homework... bake a cake and make butter cream icing... The kids are enjoying the fact that mommy has homework!


honestly, are those not some pretty happy faces?!
oh, and yes, there has been a couple of time that I have regretted the fact that I have given my children and abundance of sugar during the day... those people who say it is an old wives tale about the sugar making children hyper, well, they have not seen these two in action post icing beater licking!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like only yesterday that "YOU" were licking the beaters of icing. Two cuties for sure... doing a good job cleaning the beaters.
Cute top picture of them in the snow in front of the blooming roses, too.