Wednesday, March 24, 2010

cakes divine

here they are folks... some of my master pieces (well, works in progress I suppose) Here is the fun clown cake
Molly found it, and I guess enjoyed itThe present cake (fondant) Boy oh boy, do I LOVE fondant. it is so cool and fun to work with, kind of like edible play dough--in more ways than 1-- have you ever tasted that stuff? NASTY!! (this was my first time to taste it, YUCK!) I think I shall always consider this edible play dough. But I do want to use it as it is so fun! and you can make a ton of stuff with it! so cool.
and here it is ladies and gentleman... the final--a 2 layer cake. We ended up taking course 1 and course 3. It was a lot of fun, but does take a lot of time and energy (2 things of which I am a little short on) Our instructor mentioned that in order to get this down we need to practice, practice, practice. Maybe I will one of these days, but for now, I will have to utilize my mediocre skills. Melissa and I got our instructor to allow us to share the duties of the final cake (excellent idea Melissa!!!) she baked the top, I baked the bottom. We both made the roses, she made the pink, I made the purples. Anyone ready to get married now? just let me know and I can bake you a lopsided cake with scrunched up rose petals!!!

0 comments: