Saturday, May 16, 2009

what we've been up to

And here you have it.... We are OFFICIALLY almost potty trained :)
Sam is about 99% during the day. (though I haven't allowed him to wear his "big boy underwear" when we are out and about yet-- well, we did try that ONCE umm, unsuccessfully during the first week) I think we would be ok now, but I LOVE the safety net of the pull up. He is probably about 50/50 at night... I am sure that that is partly my fault though for not restricting fluids prior to bed time. There is a HUGE reason for this. SAM IS DRINKING MILK! yes, you heard me correctly... I am so excited about it that I will say it again SAM IS DRINKING MILK!!! I do NOT know how or why, but all of the sudden he finally drank some the other day. It had so much chocolate syrup in it it was black, but whatever it takes right? The deal is that he is allowed to have some apple juice if he drinks all of his milk (which, by the way, "tastes wike issss keem" --we will do ANYTHING to get the kid to drink milk, 'it tastes like ice cream' never stuck, until this week!! ) ok, back on topic, since he is drinking his milk (more gets added to the cup each time) he is also drinking apple juice. (thus, a lot of liquid prior to bed) I figure, milk more important than dry pants this week!!
Here is the 1%... Sam came out of the bathroom carrying a new pair of undies, when asked where his old pair was he suddenly didn't know (we get this answer a lot) I found them. (damp, not wet) but we are getting there and that makes me HAPPY (though I am getting tired of visiting the potty at all the local establishments)

Kids have cute summer hair:



yeah, Molly had been SCREAMING just prior to my snapping the picture thus the puffy face and red eyes








Molly has mastered the art of stair climbing (much to my dismay) it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to keep her awayIt has been raining a LOT lately. Unfortunately the sand box and outdoor play has been limited. We have been able to draw some beautiful artwork ("woads"--aka roads)and we were able to rebuild this beautiful birdhouse about a gazillion times
Sam has been helping me with the laundry. guess he thought he would help me clean the items in the kitchen as well...

well, that about sums it up. Hope your week has been as good as ours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like snow on the candle..see Sam is just being inventive. haha
The sun is shining again...AHHH...outside will be nice for you and the kids.
Love and hugs!

Daphney Harris said...

Too cute! Hey where did you get the cool work bench for Sam? Hooper's 2nd birthday is coming up and we've been looking for something like this for him.