Friday, May 29, 2009

the camp out

You just never know what goes on after the boy goes down for a nap. A month or so ago, it took an extremely long time for Sam to quiet down for his nap this day. He did his usual singing, talking, playing with whatever toy he can find in the room etc. It has been hit or miss as to whether or not Sam actually falls asleep during nap time, but I do make him have 'rest time' anyway. (trust me, it is best for everyone involved) Molly woke up and I thought Sam was still awake so I opened his door to let him get up and this is what I saw:

talk about your heart stopping for a minute. Where is he? I know he has to still be here in the room, right?! ohhh, deep breath, what is he doing on the floor though? crazy kid!
I did notice that he grabbed his pillow (which is ironic because he never puts his head ON it) his blanket, his choo-choo, a car and a weird little bug that he just got (and managed to pull off all the legs-- as seen all over the pillow)
After he got up, I asked why he was on the floor. He said he wanted to sleep there. Ok, I guess no other explanation needed.

0 comments: