Tuesday, August 28, 2007

just tuesday

now I am fascinated by my worm/caterpillar cocoons! I have checked several times today to see if I might be able to watch a butterfly emerge but no luck. I guess I just have to be patient! I just love the way they turn themselves throughout the day.

Just before bed last night Kirk informed me of the eclipse that was to occur the next morning. How cool I thought, then it brought back memories of the last sky watching event. The leonid meteor showers this past winter. Scenario: we put samuel to bed, I made hot chocolate and brownies, kirk layed out blankets on the lawn, it was cold out so we had on our woolly pj's with winter coats and mittens. we layed there waiting and watching and waiting and waiting and waiting.... we NEVER saw the shower so after about an hour of snow flurries and cold temperatures we decided to come in. We were disappointed but look at the memory we made (ha!!) I have to admit, it was a fun date night! Since I am an optimist at heart I decide that I want to see this eclipse. It was to start at 4:52 am. I set my alarm and ask kirk if he will be joining me (he didn't believe so) It seemed like a short night (cuz it was) but I got up and it was worth it!! the moon was half covered and a beautiful red color. here are the pictures I took:






wish they would have actually turned out! it was really pretty.




I did not stay out very long... lets be real here... it was 4:50 in the morning, but also because I found another lady yesterday afternoon on the outside of our family room window and who knows who or what else is lurking about outside. The lady (black widow)was with a nice wasp nest that was developing. The only thing I can figure is that she was enjoying some wasp eggs?! well, now they are both resting in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always loved the mornings, I definately prefer the nights! I am sure it was a beautiful scene. I am proud of ya for keeping up on your blog! Wow, what a lot of work for a mommy - smile. You're doing better than I ever would.

Deanna said...

omg ,what a cutie pie lil boy you have!!! and I have to say that I LOVe the name of your blog...I will be singin that song in my head all night! lol

thanks for the add! good luck in the RAK!
deanna