Monday, August 20, 2007

betty crocker

so, the berries looked beautiful and yummy ~ what else do you do but get busy in the kitchen. Somehow my mom and I decided we needed to make some homemade strawberry jam. I remember the days when I was a little girl and she would can veggies and make jam every year. Now that I am a homemaker I thought it was time that I learn to do this great skill. What fun it can be.... mom and me in the kitchen, making memories and carrying on a tradition. well, it was fun, we had a good time, the jam didn't turn out as well as I thought it should, but it is good on pancakes and ice cream ha. I had bought some extra strawberries to surprise Kirk with a pie. (I have tried in the past to make a few pies-- he loves them, but they haven't turned out well, so I think i have given up) but thanks to mom and her secret crust recipe Iwas able to create a beautiful and delicious pie (if I do say so myself ~ and I am not a big fan of pies)

0 comments: