Sunday, February 06, 2011

new furniture, in a state of limbo

Here is the long story--- every year I have asked for a king sized bed, every year I have been told no. Then we got an AWESOME opportunity for a King sized mattress set (thank you) Next step, we need a new bed to hold our mattress set. We were suppose to look at frames/headboards over Christmas... but that was a crazy, busy time of travel etc so we were unable to. Then, we were suppose to go over the weekend after the new year. But, my back went out and that took care of the rest of the days this month so it never happened. So, fast forward to this past Sat night. We went to the dump, but were unsuccessful. On the way home I wanted to go to another store to look at a few other things. We tried to get in, but they had shut down all of the streets (and parking lot) to this store because the cirque De sole was in town (does this not sound typical to my life?)
And, as we were maneuvering our way to get to the other store, we came across a furniture store. On a whim, we go in. It was 8:35, they close at 9. Then he showed it to us. The floor bedroom set that they were discontinuing. I loved it, but we were there only to get a head board to match our current bedroom suite right?! long story even longer... we got it... the whole set... we did have to special order the chest, but other than that, we got it.
Fast forward... we were to pick it up (um, apparently if you buy the floor piece, they will not do any sort of delivery) on Tues. Severe weather alert... We had to change plans and pick it up on Monday evening. CRAZY! Talk about rushing around, we were gone all day on Sunday so we did not have much time to get things together.
When we arrived, they had wrapped the pieces as promised, but apparently one of the legs had broken off of the dresser. They were trying to "find a fix" for it, but were unsuccessful... there were phrases like, well when you buy the floor stock it is "as is" blah, blah, blah. UM, NO, um we have not officially "bought" it yet... it turns out that they will now come out to the house to fix it in a couple of days...
fast forward. We get it all home and in the house (again, without my help--- I keep claiming that my back hurts --- no really, it DOES... STILL) Thanks dad and mom!!! we appreciated your help! We went to dinner, and on our way out the weather had changed and was spitting...
Fast forward again... the next night Kirk goes to set up the bed. They stripped the screws and failed to give us any of the hardware. Really?! UGH. Do we own bolts long enough?! nope. look outside- ice storm has frozen us in. What to do, what to do, what to do... queen bed broken down, king bed frame up. Simple... just place the queen mattress inside of the king frame... yup, we felt like we were sleeping in a cave, but hey, it worked!

****UPDATE: Thankfully Kirk went out to the "man store" yesterday and the bed was fixed last night. YEAH! *****

so, all of the clothes that were in my old dresser are in bags in my closet, I can not put them into my new dresser because they have not come to fix it yet (remember, city shuts down for the week after big ice storm) My old bedroom suite is in the dining room, can't advertise it now, (ice storm)
So, I have furniture everywhere, and unable to use any of it!!!

pictures of finished project--- when project finished :)

Don't even get me started on the bathroom project I started before Thanksgiving...

2 comments:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

It is a gorgeous set, though!!! I hope all is where it should be and everything looks great soon. Very hard to do all this with little ones at home. Hope you are feeling better so you can tell everyone what to do properly. ;-)
Check out my blog www.milkandcookieparty.blogspot.com

are you on facebook?

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Milk & Cookie Party is me- Ann- your friend from SS.