Saturday, February 05, 2011

the card

ok, so why am I such an incredible procrastinator? I mean I do this to myself ALL of the time, BUT, I am going to really work on this fault of mine this year. (I know it will make my life, as well as my family's a whole lot less stressful :) )
I came up with the idea for our CHRISTmas card last spring, I had the basic concept, just did not know how I was going to execute it. now skip ahead to December--- I was busy doing this and that and then some, so every day the cards were placed on hold. First of all, I needed to find and make a gingerbread house of sorts. I did not really find the one I wanted, but I, did find a rice krispy treat one that I thought would be good (the kids are not particularly fond of 'ginger') Then I wanted the kids to make it, thought it would be cuter that way, but then Molly was sick with "the germ that never dies" so that didn't work. So yes, I ended up making the house myself in a matter of minutes so that I could quickly take a picture and send it off. The picture searching was now on-- you know, you want the most recent, cutest ones you have, preferably the Christmas-y ones.. I FINALLY chose my pictures, and no, they were not from our Christmas pictures--- we never got around to that, but from October and November. (in other words, I no longer had the excuse that I couldn't make the card because I didn't have the right picture of the kids ha)
So, all that to say, I did like my cards, yes, I would have done some things differently (probably could have, had I allowed myself enough time) so... onto next year's.... guess I had better get started now!!!--- because I don't want to send them out on the 24th again next year UGH!!!

The front--- a picture of the rice krispy treat house
Open the windows and the doors and you will see pictures of the kids
Open the house and see a picture of the whole family... The first line on the inside of the card says "Merry Christmas from our house to yours"

Ps: If you did not get one of our Christmas cards... do not feel that I do not like you, I ran out of time, then lost my list etc... I WILL be more organized next year!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very cute....I will believe it when I see it ...next year.haha