Thursday, April 09, 2009

A day with my Pa

One of Sam's birthday gifts this year was his new sandbox. It gets even better than that though, Sam was able to go with Pa, in the truck and get the sand for the box. No one else was allowed to go, but I was able to get the play by play story several times, each time Sam's face glowed with excitement. Apparently he watched the tractor dump the sand into the back of the truck, they brought the sand home and then he and Pa placed it in the box. Pa said that as he was shoveling the sand into his wheelbarrow Sam disappeared, only to come running back with his little wheelbarrow from the backyard. I guess he needed to get in on the action. I was able to pop out of the house quietly to snap a few pictures unnoticed (not for long though... Molly gave me away)


Prior to Molly realizing that I was missing, she managed to find the cereal bar that Samuel decided not to eat for breakfast. Now, when I say she found it, I don't mean that she found it and that was that, no siree bob. I mean to say that she found it on the coffee table, picked it up, mashed it in her cute little fingers, then into her hands. She managed to eat a little, place the gooey center part into her hair as well as her outfit and the carpet. It was at this point that she realized I was missing and started to cry. She must have spotted me out in the back and decided that she needed to crawl over to the door, (fingers and hands still full of the mashed up breakfast bar) allowing a nice trail of gooey mess all along the way. Unfortunately for you, I was more concerned with cleaning the baby, the carpet, the tile, the coffee table, the clothes etc to snap a picture. I don't need an actual picture to have this memory though, it is ingrained in my head

0 comments: