Saturday, August 06, 2011

green eggs and ham, Sam I am

Sam likes Dr Seuss, much like most kids his age. He especially likes THIS one:Greenegg.gif
I know, I know, it is something about not wanting to eat things and well let's face it, it has his name on almost every page in this story.
I was trying to figure out what we were going to have for supper one night, Sam heard me talking to myself pondering and made a sweet little suggestion: "let's have green eggs and ham!!" Well, I did not have any ham on hand, BUT I did have stuff to make pancakes and eggs. Add a little green food coloring and wa la-- green eggs, but why stop there? So, I also added the food coloring to the pancake batter.
It was fun, I was the "cool mom" once again. But, I gotta be honest with you, green eggs, well, they are not the most appealing foods out there... I can now understand why Sam I am did not want to try them. It was fun though--- the kids loved it, especially the fact that their food was green with their names written on it. Next time I might go with a more pleasant color though :)

0 comments: