Friday, August 05, 2011

while I was on the phone...

A few weeks ago, I was on a very important phone call, it was a call that I had to make (regarding our new freezer). I told the kids I did not care what they did as long as they were really quiet. Unfortunately they listened to me...

a little too well.
they were VERY good.
VERY quiet.
VERY busy.
VERY messy...
This is the view I had when I hung up from my 45 minute (very frustrating) callI knew they were going up and down stairs a lot, I could see that they were bring down toys and lots of backpack loads of items. I did NOT realize they had dumped almost every tub of play food, stuffed animals, dress-up clothes etc out and were bringing it down. and placing it in front of the front door. I am not sure what was going on on their little minds, but I do enjoy seeing Elmo propped so nicely in the shopping cart as though in charge of the whole organized chaos.
Like I said, I saw them doing it, I watched them from the corner of my eye, BUT I did not say a word, not a peep---
they were working together.
quietly.
side by side.
only speaking in whispers.
And this is what I needed.
Until my call was over....

0 comments: