Wednesday, September 05, 2007

just hatched

This morning Sam and I went out to look at our caterpillars and much to my dismay most of the cocoons were empty. How disappointing... I really wanted to see one come out and then I saw it... the butterfly emerging, I ran inside to get my camera and missed the majority of his coming out. Here he is still on the cocoon. (note the 3 other cocoons in the background)

Samuel was pretty fascinated with the one that were on the ground. (never really noticed the once on the fence) He wanted to touch them and hit them with the stick... Too bad he is not a little older to really understand what all is going on here.







two butterflies together








these two pictures are of one coming out of the cocoon. I was able to see most of it this evening.




this has been so fun to watch! I saw 7 butterflies flying around the swing at the same time this afternoon -- so pretty!
Now I just have to figure out what has started munching on my knock-out roses UGH!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How special !! You finally got to see some hatch...wish I could have been there.
Loved the pictures.
Hugs,
Mom