Sunday, June 09, 2013

pinterest test-- coconut oil

This post is unusual, what is unusual you might ask?!  There is not a single picture---  I thought I would spare you the good, the bad and the very ugly :)

Have you seen all the great benefits of COCONUT OIL?  I have tried cooking with it, and doing other things with it.  I do like it and so far I do see the benefits from it!!

This time I saw that it heals split ends and helps with the frizzy dry-ness.  So of course I had to go for it:

warm coconut oil, place on hair
wrap hair with towel
wait 30 mins
shampoo
style as usual.

VERDICT:
I did this very, very late on a Sat night--- pretty bold if you ask me, as I usually like to have nice hair on Sunday morning for church.  It was not until I had gooped all of my head that it occurred to me that this could make my hair greasy...
When I say gooped all of my head, I mean all of it.  I thought it would be a good idea to rub it into all of my scalp to help nourish it etc.  It looked very sexy for sure...  I would have taken a photo, but my eye make up was running and smeary on my face, and I looked like a camper (we had been in the wind at a hot dog roast) I looked very scarey!!!  so, no photo.
My hair was greased, very greased.  I was a little worried, I washed it.  I did not put in conditioner (because no one said to) I towel dried and combed it.  Then I went to bed. I woke up and had to blow dry it (still wet) It looked great. It was not as "smooth" and "shiny" as I thought it would, but it was soft.  I did still have some "fluffy" ends, but the rest of the hair looked really nice.  It was not greasy at all.

Would I do this again-- yes, I will.  maybe once a month or something.  Not too often, I am afraid to "over do it".


0 comments: