Thursday, November 20, 2008

Friends

My parents' next door neighbors have 4 kids. They also have a wooden swing set. The kids have all outgrown the set and they were looking to get it out of their backyard. Perfect!! We are in need of a swing set. Pa took the whole thing apart, replaced the rotten and or splitting pieces, rebuilt it and brought it over to our yard where he re stained it. It is AWESOME and Sam absolutely LOVES it!! Thanks Pa for all of your hard work.
I thought it would be great to have when his little friends came over, apparently Sam agrees:
Let me just say that I am grateful for the above picture... I guess Sam needs to spend more time with his "people" friends. Sam has befriended the fly that decided to live for like a week in our house. He loved watching the fly go from here to there and follow us from room to room. it would sit on the tile for a few minutes and this was when Sam took it upon himself to talk to the fly. I guess since it never talked back Sam decided he would then read to the fly. So he would go and get a book and just read away. Lucky fly... because Sam enjoyed him so he got to live longer than any other pest. (unfortunately I recently purchased a fly swatter...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you hear me laughing? Even though I know the story..it is still too funny.
Yep....anonymous is sure having a good time at your blog today!!!

Anonymous said...

This is pathetic!! Can't you get him a turtle or something? A stuffed bear..something other than a FLY!!!!
heehee