Friday, September 26, 2008

They're BAAACCKK!

My favorite flower-- the passion vine, such an unusual flower
Do you remember the crazy caterpillar/cocoon/butterfly ordeal of last year? I have seen several caterpillars as well as cocoons over the past couple of days. It is a lot of fun watching the whole cycle of life (right down to the spider webs that have been added around several of the cocoons) Guess the spiders need something good to munch on as well. Were you observant enough to see the caterpillar on the leaf in the above picture? (look closely to the right of the flower)we were able to watch this butterfly to the fianl exit from his cocoon (well, Sam saw, but still doesn't understand what he watched!)while we were outside today there were 4 butterflies flying all around the backyard. Samueal had a blast chasing them, I had a blast watching him knowing all the while that he will have a good nap afterward :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh - I love this flower! I have never seen it before. You are quite the gardener.

Kelly Heather said...

Great gardening! I am impressed with the passion flower! Your garden photos are nice!

Kelly Heather