Monday, August 03, 2009

In the kitchen

I have been experimenting with a lot of new things to eat this summer. I thought, hey, let's try TOFU! it is suppose to be good for you, it is suppose to taste like whatever you cook it with, it is suppose to... I thought I would try something fairly easy, something that could easily mask the look/taste of the tofu. I tried Sweet and sour crockpot Tofu. First, you coat it with cornstarch and lightly cook it in the skillet to let it have a more crunchy kind of texture.
Then you place it in the crockpot with all of your fresh veggies and the sweet and sour sauce. Easy peasy right?! right. One thing about crockpot cooking, is that you have several hours to salivate over the yummy concoction that is cooking and think about how good it is going to be.
The verdict.....
well, as you can see there is not a picture of the finished product. Um, it was, well, hmmm, how do I say this without offending all the TOFU lovers out there? Ok, I will just say it ... AWFUL. It was BAD, TERRIBLE, yeah, so much so that I feel I will not ever experiment with tofu again. Oh well, at least the lettuce wraps I created tasted pretty good :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...even "I" know better than to try Tofu..it sounds like "toe"....ugh!
I have done enough experimenting in my time...if you remember.haha

sugar daddy (if i had sugar) said...

It really wasn't that bad. It was kind of spongy, however. Maybe with a little Tabasco...